Assessing Learning in the Standards-Based Classroom
A Practical Guide for Teachers
Whether you are well versed in writing proficiency scales or are seeking practical guidance on classroom assessment that best supports student learning, this book will help you design standards-based assessments that provide meaningful data to inform your next steps in the instructional cycle.
Successfully integrate assessment practices that inform effective instruction for every student
What do successful assessments look like? According to this team of authors, they provide meaningful assessment data that inform your instruction to help your students reach proficiency in priority standards. With the help of this practical guide, learn how to successfully integrate assessment with the standards-based teaching and learning process to improve student performance and evaluate instructional efficacy.
This book will help K–12 teachers and assessment coordinators:
- Gain clarity on the different roles of assessment throughout the instructional cycle
- Determine the timing and format of assessments to best support student learning
- Address test validity, reliability, and fairness
- Understand collaborative techniques for assessment consistency
- Access numerous sample assessments from the field
Product Code: BKL070
Published By: Marzano Resources