Charting the Course for Leaders
Lessons From Priority Schools in a PLC at Work®
This thorough leadership resource offers clear steps leaders can take to turn their priority school around. Discover how struggling schools can implement a strong coaching system, create and align schoolwide SMART goals, and prioritize time for collaboration to overcome obstacles and ensure learning for all.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
Strategies to boost student achievement in priority schools
This all-encompassing anthology delivers clear steps that leaders can take throughout the PLC at Work® process to turn their priority schools around. Every key topic is considered and discussed—from prioritizing time for collaboration to implementing effective coaching to aligning school and district goals. Over the course of 13 chapters, readers will grow in their role as leaders and gain a clear vision of how to evolve their priority school into a thriving place of learning.
- Discover how to effectively reframe accountability so everyone buys into the collective aspect of student learning.
- Focus on creating and aligning SMART goals—schoolwide, at the collaborative team level, and at the individual teacher level.
- Get ideas for extending work for proficient students, which can help boost a school’s grade.
- Provide targeted feedback and effectively moderate and liaise within your professional learning communities.
- Implement a strong, collaborative coaching system to support teacher development.
InstructionLeadershipProfessional Learning Communities at Work®Professional Learning CommunitiesSchool Improvement
Product Code: BKF979, EKF542
Published By: Solution Tree
“Wonderfully crafted and such powerful and applicable practices from extremely talented professionals in the world of priority schools and increasing human capital! This book covers all the bases and provides school leaders with differentiated and intentional support to help all students and teachers reach their full potential in a PLC at Work.”
“This anthology is packed with research-affirmed practices from educators who represent an ongoing commitment to the students, teachers, schools and districts he or she supports. Chapters are organized in an explicit structure to foster best practices in teaching and improve team learning outcomes.”