Yes We Can!
General and Special Educators Collaborating in a Professional Learning Community
Utilizing PLC practices, general and special educators must develop collaborative partnerships to close the achievement gap and maximize learning for all.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Yes We Can!
As states adopt more rigorous academic standards, schools must define how special education fits into standards-aligned curricula, instruction, and assessment. Utilizing PLC practices, general and special educators must develop collaborative partnerships in order to close the achievement gap and maximize learning for all. The authors encourage all educators to take collective responsibility in improving outcomes for students with special needs.
- Use the key ideas and four critical questions of a PLC to maximize learning for all students.
- Learn when conditions make special education services most effective.
- Determine priority standards, and study the steps for unpacking these standards into learning targets.
- Discover what tailored instruction does and does not mean.
- Consider common team structures that support effective collaboration.
- Develop instructional plans using reproducibles.
Product Code: BKF653,EKF262
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 144
“Yes We Can! takes a practical look at how commitment to the PLC process can improve learning for special education students. By setting high goals for all students, teachers can use data to make meaningful adjustments that will lead to greater achievement for each individual student. A step-by-step guide to a challenging subject!”
“Yes We Can! resonates with educators of all types. The authors ground readers in the realities of special education and show through real-world scenarios how they can implement PLCs effectively to ensure all students learn. Yes We Can! has emerged as a highly effective resource for all types of education professionals working collaboratively to achieve this goal. It's a must-have for any educator team.”
“Rigor requires rigor—if we want to develop rigorous learning and thinking for our kids, then we have to be more rigorous in our teaching.” We can’t let our students get stuck on broken escalators. @SolutionTree #productivestruggle #FISDLearns pic.twitter.com/JQo8qogdfu— Alex Ketterer (@AlexKetterer29) July 22, 2019
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.