Learning by Doing, Fourth Edition
A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work®
The fourth edition of this comprehensive action guide provides new strategies for leveraging PLC for a highly effective multitiered system of supports, expert-led guidance on school culture, and a deeper discussion on connecting school improvement to the mission of helping all students succeed.
A practical guide for implementing the PLC process and transforming schools
25 years on, the PLC at Work® process continues to produce results across the United States and worldwide. In this fourth edition of the bestseller Learning by Doing, the authors use updated research and time-tested knowledge to address current education challenges, from learning gaps exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic to the need to drive a highly effective multitiered system of supports.
This book will help K–12 administrators, school leaders, and teacher teams:
- Build shared knowledge of both critical vocabulary and the concepts underlying the key PLC terms
- Learn new, more in-depth strategies for coaching in a PLC at Work
- Make honest assessments of student learning, examine their school culture, and implement conventional practices from a fresh, critical perspective
- Take immediate and specific steps to close the knowing-doing gap and implement PLC concepts in their school and district
- Recognize that the knowledge needed to support students in achieving higher levels is readily available, and the next step is to transform this awareness into an action plan for school improvement
- Follow the step-by-step format outlined in each chapter to advance their school’s PLC journey and drive continuous improvement
Product Code: BKG169
Published By: Solution Tree