The Literacy Triangle
50+ High-Impact Strategies to Integrate Reading, Discussing, and Writing in K–8 Classrooms
Accelerate learning with high-impact strategies. Beginning and veteran teachers alike will find insights and practices they can use immediately. No matter what content area you teach, this book will help you develop the strategic reader in every student.
The Literacy Triangle
Accelerate learning with high-impact strategies. Beginning and veteran teachers alike will find insights and practices they can use immediately. The authors dovetail their proven instructional process of chunk, chew, check, change with before-, during-, and after-reading strategies in this must-have guide for powerful literacy instruction. No matter what content area you teach, this book will help you develop the strategic reader in every student.
- Learn how to incorporate the literacy triangle’s three points—reading, discussing, and writing—into instruction for any subject
- Cut through the conflict caused by the reading wars and gain clarity on the science behind effective, well-rounded literacy instruction
- Help students enjoy reading, gain comprehension, and build reading stamina
- Get differentiation ideas for scaffolding and enriching each strategy
- Discover how to engage students in opportunities for making meaning, choosing texts, and leading discussions
- Understand how setting a student’s purpose for reading can encourage focus, engagement, deeper conversations, and a motivation to keep reading
Product Code: BKF983
Published By: Solution Tree
“The simplicity and genius of The Literacy Triangle makes teaching the literacy dance in our complex world engaging, doable, and, most of all, successful! Steeped in the instructional cha-cha lesson steps (chunk, chew, check, and change), Nickelsen and Dickson outline 50 fabulous lessons proven to yield results. Whether you read this wonderful book cover to cover or flip around to the lessons you need at the moment, The Literacy Triangle serves as a fabulous reference you’ll return to again and again to guide your daily teaching!”
“Fasten your seat belts, because you are in for an exciting literacy ride! This book will propel your literacy program forward and is loaded with engaging, brain-friendly, spectacular strategies for your students. The literacy triangle is easy to implement, and you will see results right away!”
“Effective literacy instruction in all content areas is rooted in learning intentions; formative assessments and teacher clarity are the foundation of impactful learning. The authors guide the reader, with clarity and focus, through the strategies and mindset to make this a reality for all students.”