Mathematics Instruction and Tasks in a PLC at Work®, Second Edition
Gain lesson-design strategies and instructional methods of teaching mathematics in a professional learning community (PLC). This results-oriented book presents an approach for teaching math that supports student perseverance and learning through standards-based activities and lessons.
Develop a standards-based curriculum for teaching student-centered mathematics
Build collective teacher efficacy and students’ mathematical thinking using the Mathematics in a PLC at Work™ lesson-design process. This second edition of the popular Mathematics Instruction and Tasks book guides preK–12 teacher teams in ensuring improved mathematics achievement. Gain new and enhanced understanding of research-affirmed instructional routines, and learn how to efficiently elicit high levels of student engagement and self-efficacy.
Implement instructional strategies and methods of teaching mathematics in a professional learning community. This book will help preK–12 mathematics teachers and teacher teams:
- Identify essential mathematics content standards students learn during a unit
- Understand the importance of communicating the why of the essential mathematics learning standards to students
- Plan for the use of balanced rigor and mathematical routines to teach each content standard during instruction
- Use a balance of appropriate mathematics activities and tasks needed to develop conceptual understanding, procedural fluency, and application of mathematical concepts and skills
- Implement instructional math routines that ensure the formative learning of all students during lessons
InstructionMathematics at Work™Professional Learning Communities at Work®Professional Learning Communities
Product Code: BKG147
Published By: Solution Tree