The Metacognitive Student
How to Teach Academic, Social, and Emotional Intelligence in Every Content Area
Dive deep into the what and how of structured SELf-questioning—a powerful strategy you can use to support students academically, socially, and emotionally. This resource contains vital metacognitive strategies and skills that educators can immediately use in their classroom.
Empower students to be independent thinkers and adept at self-reflection
What if there was one strategy you could use to support students academically, socially, and emotionally? It exists—and it’s simple, straightforward, and practical. In this results-focused resource, the authors dive deep into the what and how of structured SELf-questioning. Begin using this powerful socioemotional approach in your own classroom to develop students into thriving thinkers who are confident, healthy, adaptive, and resilient.
- Grasp the severity of the stress and anxiety teachers and students face in schools and how metacognitive SELf-questioning can reduce both.
- Learn to implement effective SELf-questioning into instruction to foster social-emotional learning (SEL).
- Review scenarios that depict use of the SELf-questioning strategy in every content area and grade level.
- Gain insight into how advanced SELf-questioning can achieve transfer of learning in the classroom to any academic or social context.
- Autonomously customize and create your own SELf-question sets and apply them to any situation within or outside of school.
Product Code: BKF954
Published By: Solution Tree