Raising Equity Through SEL
A Framework for Implementing Trauma-Informed, Culturally Responsive Teaching and Restorative Practices
How can you effectively address the academic and SEL needs of your diverse learners? By activating social-emotional learning within a framework that includes trauma-informed, culturally responsive, and restorative teaching practices.
Effectively activate social-emotional learning with sound pedagogy for diverse learners
Activate social-emotional learning effectively in your classroom with a framework that integrates trauma-informed, culturally responsive, and restorative teaching practices. Raising Equity Through SEL is your trusted source for sound pedagogy that addresses the academic and social-emotional needs of a diverse classroom community. Each strategy, tool, and template is designed to facilitate your practice by making SEL easier to implement.
Use this book as an individual or team to
- Develop emotional-intelligence skills for adults and students
- Examine unconscious beliefs you may have about diverse learners
- Use shared agreements to structure difficult conversations with other adults
- Move students toward cultural competence and proficiency
- Activate SEL across the curriculum without having to stop and “do SEL”
- Implement culturally responsive, restorative, and trauma-informed teaching strategies
- Learn inclusive pedagogy that raises equity for students who are marginalized
- Level up SEL skills using educational technology
Product Code: BKG041
Published By: Solution Tree