Read Alouds for All Learners
A Comprehensive Plan for Every Subject, Every Day, Grades PreK–8
Learn the step-by-step instructional plan for teachers to implement read alouds in preK–8 classrooms. Whether you’re a longtime professional or new to teaching, this resource helps you support young learners emotionally, intellectually, linguistically, and developmentally.
Learn the step-by-step instructional plan for Read Alouds for All Learners
In Read Alouds for All Learners: A Comprehensive Plan for Every Subject, Every Day, Grades PreK–8, Molly Ness, supported by current research and personal experiences, demonstrates the sobering effect an absence of read alouds in classrooms has on preK–8 students’ comprehension skills. She provides intentional directions on planning and implementing a read-aloud routine that supports young learners’ literacy development, content-area knowledge, social-emotional learning, and academic achievement.
This book will help you:
- Understand the role of read alouds in the science of reading
- Develop understanding of the three-step planning process for a read aloud
- See current read-aloud research and trends among elementary, middle, and high school teachers
- Gain tips targeted for each age group’s social-emotional learning and cognition
- Capture the importance of read alouds in all content areas
- Create a read-aloud plan for social studies, the sciences, mathematics, physical education, the arts, and electives with hands-on tools
Product Code: BKG116
Published By: Solution Tree