Russell Hill is assistant superintendent of East Valley School District. With more than 20 years of education experience, he has served as both teacher and administrator at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
Russell Hill is assistant superintendent of East Valley School District in Yakima, Washington. With more than 20 years of education experience, he has served as both teacher and administrator at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
Russell is recognized as a leader in implementing successful systems to support high levels of learning for all students. Under his leadership, East Valley School District has been recognized as a Model PLC, and its schools have been celebrated with several state awards for excellence. In addition to serving on several regional and state committees focused on student learning, he has provided a wide range of professional development opportunities related to improving building- and district-level systems to better support students.
Russell earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education with certification in mathematics and special education from Central Washington University, a master’s degree and building administrative credentials from Heritage University, and superintendent credentials from Washington State University.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
Presentations by Russell Hill
- Systems of Support for Effective Building-Level PLCs
- Systems of Support for Effective Building Leadership of PLCs
- Systems of Support for Effective District Leadership of PLCs
- Effectively Utilizing Assessment Data to Support High Levels of Student Learning
- Effective Tiered Systems of Support for High Levels of Student Learning
- PLC Basics: A Focus on the Four Questions
- Bringing the Four Questions to Life