Virtual PLCs at Work®
A Guide to Effectively Implementing Online and Hybrid Teaching and Learning
Explore an abundance of tools, tips, and best practices for remote teacher collaboration in virtual professional learning communities. Learn how to implement online professional learning communities in a way that maintains the power of the PLC process to ensure learning for all.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Tools, tips, and best practices for virtual professional learning communities
Virtual teaming and virtual learning have been practiced for decades but never to the level required today. As the educational landscape continues to evolve, ensure your PLC evolves right along with it. With this resource from Paul C. Farmer and Dennis King as your guide, you’ll explore an abundance of tools and tips for maintaining your PLC structures along with proven best practices to help instruction and learning thrive beyond the four walls of your school.
A book on implementing online professional learning communities for teachers and administrators:
- Receive an overview of the PLC process and understand how all educators fit into it.
- Learn how to implement each step of the PLC process virtually.
- Address the four pillars of a PLC—mission, vision, values, and goals—in a virtual context.
- Develop and maintain an ideal school culture in a virtual environment with online teacher communities.
- Acquire strategies to strengthen every student’s virtual or blended learning experience with the PLC process.
Product Code: BKG028, EKF590
Published By: Solution Tree
“The shift to a virtual world was accelerated—not created—by the COVID-19 pandemic. While some educators might hope for things to get back to ‘business as usual,’ working virtually has become the usual way we do business. This means if our students are going to learn the skills and behaviors needed to succeed in a virtual world, then educators must continue to develop the skills needed to teach, collaborate, and excel in this space. That is the purpose of this outstanding book!”
“This accessible and adaptable book is both timely and timeless; it addresses what educational leaders need to know for the difficult pivots during the COVID-19 pandemic and provides a foundation that demonstrates how collaborative teams can continue to be the engine of improvement regardless of setting—in person, hybrid, or virtual.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.