Why Assessment Collaborative?
Assessment Collaborative is the most comprehensive and practical solution for building authentic assessment practices that increase achievement, cultivate hope, and build confidence in all learners.
Want more information on the work of our assessment experts? Check out All Things Assessment, a collaborative resource where educators can discover new assessment practices, as well as ideas for refining their current systems or processes.
Develop and Enhance Your Team’s Assessment Expertise
Whether you want to revolutionize schoolwide practices or enhance the processes you already have in place, Solution Tree will guide and support you every step of the way. No matter the topic, no matter the grade level, our experts will help you design and implement powerful assessments that give real, meaningful insight into what your students are learning.
Assessment Collaborative Six Tenets of Success
- Students are invested in their assessment.
- Communication creates productive results.
- Assessment architecture is planned, purposeful, and intentional.
- Assessment purposes maximize the learning.
- Evidence informs real-time instruction for instructional agility.
- Interpretation of assessment results is accurate.
The Collaborative's Targeted PD Services Include:
- Professional learning to support powerful assessment practices (design, use, and collaboration) with differentiated PD for teachers, coaches, and administrators
- Staff evaluation systems to support implementation of quality assessment practices
- Action research projects to support implementation
Meet Our Assessment Collaborative Experts
Cassandra Erkens is a presenter, facilitator, coach, trainer of trainers, keynote speaker, author, and above all, a teacher. She presents nationally and internationally on assessment, instruction, school improvement, and professional learning communities.
Tom Schimmer is an author and a speaker with expertise in assessment, grading, leadership, and behavioral support. He is a former district-level leader, school administrator, and teacher.
Nicole Dimich works with elementary and secondary educators in presentations, trainings, and consultations that address today’s most critical issues all in the spirit of facilitating improved support of student learning.