Vocabulary in a SNAP
100+ Lessons for Elementary Instruction
This innovative resource provides more than 100 research-based mini-lessons that help teachers efficiently shape instruction, each taking less than 20 minutes.
Vocabulary in a SNAP
Elementary educators face crucial questions when shaping their vocabulary instruction—what words to target and how to foster self-directed student learning. This innovative resource provides more than 100 research-based mini-lessons that help teachers efficiently shape instruction, each taking no more than 20 minutes of instructional time. Teachers can modify these flexible, effective templates to fit their curriculum and their students’ needs.
- Explore more than 100 short, memorable mini-lessons for vocabulary instruction that can be adapted to fit diverse curricula.
- Obtain suggestions for scaffolding and accelerating each mini-lesson to meet students’ individual needs.
- Target the most crucial root words, prefixes, and suffixes in the English language to best employ instructional time.
- Find helpful resources for vocabulary instruction, such as websites and applications.
- Peruse appendices that alphabetically list all the words featured in the mini-lessons and detail the research-based instructional strategies used.
Product Code: BKF773
Published By: Solution Tree
“Vocabulary in a SNAP is a must-have for all elementary teachers who want to take their students’ reading levels to new heights. These quick, interesting, fun, and perfectly planned minilessons provide everything a busy teacher needs to make powerful vocabulary instruction a reality.”
“Dr. Peery provides concrete examples of how teachers can instruct students in vocabulary development and multiple minilessons to demonstrate the SNAP process. The strategies are easily incorporated into the teacher’s lesson structure through quick lessons that provide novelty to the students.”
“At the elementary level, we see firsthand the correlation between strong vocabulary instruction and reading comprehension. Dr. Peery has created a valuable research-based resource that teachers can easily implement in daily instruction and adapt for grade and learning levels. These strategies are powerful tools that will raise the cognition level of vocabulary instruction for students.”
Explore these powerful tools to help reach your goals.