Accelerate learning with innovative assessments
By creating and using effective assessments, educators can create a culture of learning where students are engaged and invested in their own success.
Developed for teachers, teams, instructional coaches, and school and district administrators, this workshop offers rich dialogue and practical techniques for improving assessment practices. Deepen your understanding of formative and summative assessments, and learn how to design assessments that guide instruction, involve students, and communicate learning.
You will also gain access to an electronic Google folder that contains assessments designed using the Design in Five process. These examples will act as guides as you and your team create meaningful assessments that help all students achieve at high levels.
- Explore high-quality assessment and grading practices.
- Learn how to use the Design in Five process to develop effective assessments.
- Apply tools to ensure assessments guide instruction and learning.
- Discover how to recognize the cognitive level of assessment items and tasks.
- Identify and apply characteristics for high-quality rubrics, constructed response, multiple choice, and performance tasks.
- Learn how to accurately analyze formative assessment results to increase student learning.
- Examine ways to effectively communicate assessment scores.
Learn from leading experts
Hear from our attendees
“The presenter has amazing presence that captivates the participants. Her knowledge is evident.”
Bernadette Maes, regional reading coach, Central Region Educational Cooperative #5, New Mexico
“The presenter did a great job! The way she presented the information was very motivational. She gave us a chance to process the information by collaborating with other teachers.”
Lana Martin, teacher, Erik Ramstad Middle School, North Dakota
“I gained lots of great ideas and techniques to use.”
Candice Lansford, teacher, Mountain View Middle School, New Mexico