Eileen Depka, PhD, has a background in assessment, common assessment design, rubric development, standards-based assessment, question design, classroom questioning practices, positive practices in grading and reporting, and the implementation of standards-based grading and reporting.
Eileen Depka, PhD, has a background in assessment, common assessment design, rubric development, standards-based assessment, question design, classroom questioning practices, positive practices in grading and reporting, and the implementation of standards-based grading and reporting. She is the author of books including Bringing Homework Into Focus, Formative Assessment in the RTI Framework, Designing Rubrics for Mathematics, Designing Assessment for Mathematics, and The Data Guidebook for Teachers and Leaders: Tools for Continuous Improvement.
Dr. Depka has supervised and coordinated curriculum, instruction, assessment, special education, educational technology, and continuous-improvement efforts. She has taught all subjects at the elementary and middle levels as well as graduate-level courses. She provides professional development for K–16 educators and, as a consultant, has worked across the country, focusing on creating engaging workshops tailored to meet the individual needs of schools and districts.
Dr. Depka earned a bachelor's degree in elementary and middle-level education from the University of Wisconsin and a master’s and doctoral degree from Cardinal Stritch University.
Assessment Center experts have proven success in developing and implementing sustainable assessment practices that garner hope through achievement. Work with them to create assessment systems that provide accurate, meaningful, and actionable information to drive student learning.
Presentations by Eileen Depka
- Planning for Student Success: Designing Assessment with a Response in Mind
- Designing Rigorous Assessments
- Designing Assessments that Provide Meaningful Data
- Quality Standards-Based Assessment Design
- A Positive Approach to Effective Grading and Reporting Practices
- Implementing Standards-Based Grading
- Formative Assessment
- Effective Questioning Practices
- Effective Question Design
- Effective Homework Practices
- Building Assessments That Promote Higher-Level Thinking
- Using Data for Improvement Planning
- Using Assessment to Impact Student Achievement
- Delving Into Data: How Is It Done and Why Is It Crucial to Success?
- Rubric Design and Data Collection
- Common Assessment Design and Implementation