Leading a Systemic Approach to Well-Being for Educators
Wellness for teachers and support staff means so much more than taking time for self-care. It requires systemwide change supported by leadership. This book provides K–12 administrators with a framework and tools to address the stress that impacts daily life for the majority of educators.
A practical guide for K–12 leaders to create systemic change that fosters staff wellness
So often, educators’ conversations about well-being begin and end with self-care, without addressing all aspects of educator wellness. Author Gail Markin explores the importance of well-being at individual, group, and system levels, as well as the role of leadership in supporting cultures of well-being. Using research-based practices and excerpts of conversations from working educators, Markin delivers a guidebook to healthier, more passionate schools.
This book will help K–12 leaders:
- Understand why well-being matters in education
- Learn about research-based, SEL-focused self-care practices
- Improve their leadership skills to better support well-being in their school community
- Access real-world examples that illustrate how these practices work
- Build better systems to improve both personal and collective well-being
Product Code: BKG079
Published By: Solution Tree