An Educator’s Guide to Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
Integrating All Three Tiers
Discover how to create an encouraging, productive school culture using the Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (SWPBIS) framework.
An Educator’s Guide to Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports by Jason E. Harlacher and Billie Jo Rodriguez
By implementing schoolwide positive behavioral interventions and supports (SWPBIS), K–12 educators can create an encouraging, productive school culture. This title introduces readers to the comprehensive SWPBIS framework and explores the key elements of its three tiers of support. Learn about the authors’ personal experiences in applying SWPBIS and explore practical examples of what the elements and tiers of this model look like in practice.
- Understand the structure of the SWPBIS framework and its four key elements.
- Read testimonials from principals and teachers whose schools have created positive school climates through the SWPBIS platform.
- Learn why decision making in an SWPBIS framework relies on data and how school teams can ensure they use their data accurately to target suitable solutions.
- Gain specific steps and a general timeline you can use to start implementing SWPBIS.
- Examine example scenarios and two thorough case examples of how elementary and secondary schools have adopted and maintained SWPBIS structures.
Product Code: BKL030
Published By: Marzano Resources
“An Educator's Guide to Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports is exactly that! It is a practical and user-friendly guide to effectively implement SWPBIS. The authors have been mindful to adhere to the research and theoretical underpinnings while providing practical and realistic yet comprehensive examples. Researchers, trainers, and practitioners alike will benefit from the information provided across the tiers within this one resource.”
“An Educator’s Guide to Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports is an excellent resource for those implementing or teaching others to implement SWPBIS. The text provides the reader with a conceptual understanding of SWPBIS and an overview of the evidence base supporting the efficacy of a multitiered approach to behavior support in schools. The authors also include practical, easy-to-follow examples of how to implement specific SWPBIS practices for students with a range of behavior support needs across all three tiers.”
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.