The Cardboard Classroom
A Design-Thinking Guide for Elementary Teachers
How can elementary educators create a learning environment that is conducive to creativity, critical thinking, and student ownership of learning? By implementing design-minded real life examples in the classroom. All while achieving positive student learning outcomes.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
The best educators' resource for design thinking with comprehensive examples
A design-minded teacher facilitates learning that is flexible, creative, and collaborative—with a healthy mix of critical thinking, trial and error, failure, and success. In The Cardboard Classroom, authors Doug Robertson and Jennifer Borgioli Binis offer practical guidance and sample projects developed from Robertson’s authentic classroom experiences to help you find space for this engaging approach to instruction in your daily practice.
Elementary educators will:
- Discover why design thinking is more teacher identity than instructional strategy
- Learn how design-minded teaching advances student learning and improves engagement
- Study real-world examples and experiences of the design process in action
- Receive comprehensive examples of projects you can utilize and adapt to fit your classroom’s needs
- Obtain reproducible tools and templates to enhance your understanding of the material
Product Code: BKG023, EKF585
Published By: Solution Tree
“I believe every elementary teacher who wants to create an environment where students become reflective explorers, designers, planners, and doers will enjoy the information and examples in this book.”
“The most valuable thing in education is the voices of teachers working with students in a classroom, and that is exactly what this book is. The self-awareness and honesty in the words of this book are powerful.”
“This book is a useful and engaging guide for elementary school teachers to incorporate design mindsets in their teaching. The text is full of stories, examples, reflective prompts, and exercises for specific age groups that will help all teachers master using design approaches in their classrooms.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.