Watch, Listen, Ask, Learn
How School Leaders Can Create an Inclusive Environment for Students With Disabilities
Whether you’re a superintendent or general education teacher leader, you can use this book to support inclusive education. Author Belinda Dunnick Karge offers research-based practices for implementing effective learning services based on sound knowledge of law and multitiered systems of supports (MTSS).
An essential guide for all education leaders to navigate the complexities of special education
This is your comprehensive resource on providing effective special education services in your school. Written for current and aspiring administrators and teacher leaders, the book offers action items, case studies, and reproducible tools to help you stay in front of special education law, know and support your learning services team, and ensure students with disabilities receive equitable, inclusive education.
This book will help district administrators, building leaders, and general and special education teachers:
- Understand legal regulations and policy surrounding special education
- Think ahead, be proactive, and set up supports for each student
- Discover a variety of special education service delivery models and practices
- Know how to best support the paraeducators, speech and language specialists, therapists, and other essential staff who comprise their learning services team
- Build and sustain strong parent and community support
- Utilize an effective MTSS model that includes academics, behavior, and mental health
- Embrace the challenge to remain professional learners, whether they’re veteran educators or just starting out
Product Code: BKG080
Published By: Solution Tree