Protocols for Leading Effective, Purpose-Driven Discussions in Schools
Learn how you can lead highly productive, structured discussions in your school or district with Meeting Goals.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
When used effectively, discussion protocols have the power to help educators cultivate highly impactful, collaborative spaces. Learn how you can lead structured and productive discussions in your own learning community with Meeting Goals. The author provides scaffolds for frequently used protocols as well as examples of protocol application. Both new and veteran educators can rely on this resource to help them facilitate constructive meetings and, as a group, catalyze great work.
- Improve your group facilitation skills and expertise.
- Enhance instructional coaching and feedback for teachers and teacher groups through meaningful protocols.
- Study detailed instructions and scaffolds for specific protocols to meet clear, desired outcomes of collaboration.
- Experience more moments of connection and transformation in groups with effective leadership and a purpose-driven agenda.
- Examine specific language, practical situations, and clarifying questions for implementing discussion protocols.
Product Code: BKF986, EKF549
Published By: Solution Tree
"Using metaphor, humor, and a deep belief in the power of collaborative professional work, Thomas Van Soelen pulls back the curtain on highly effective facilitation. Chock-full of value for facilitators of all experience levels, Meeting Goals is sure to become a foundational text for meeting facilitators and professional developers alike."
"Van Soelen provides fresh insights, sound advice, and practical strategies for leading impactful discussions based on his wealth of experience in utilizing protocols in schools. This is an important resource for any educator who aspires to focus teachers' collaborations on instructional improvement for the ultimate purpose of improving outcomes for all students."
"This important book takes readers under the hood of education’s most powerful conversation protocols and demystifies the component parts, allowing readers to more capably and confidently match or modify a protocol for the dilemmas and daily work in front of them. With this book, educators will be able to skillfully facilitate the critical conversations our students need us to be having in today's schools."
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.