Creating a Safe and Predictable Classroom Environment
Create safe classrooms where students are empowered to build resilience, cope with traumatic experiences, and achieve at high levels. Learn how to cultivate a trauma-informed classroom environment and utilize classroom management strategies to encourage positive learning experiences for trauma-impacted students.
Strategies to support trauma-impacted students and create a positive classroom environment
The impact of trauma on learning can be significant and long lasting. Learn how you can confidently and meaningfully support your trauma-impacted students and foster trauma-informed schools with this accessible resource. The authors draw from their personal and professional experiences with trauma, mental health, and school culture to provide real insight into what you can do now to help learners build resilience, cope with adverse situations, and achieve at high levels.
Implement trauma-informed teaching practices and cultivate a classroom environment that encourages positive learning experiences:
- Understand childhood trauma and the impact traumatic experiences have on learners.
- Develop a trauma-informed attitude and mindset.
- Examine classroom structures that support trauma-sensitive practices while recognizing those that may contribute to trauma.
- Gain effective classroom management strategies and techniques to support all students, including those experiencing trauma.
- Learn how to develop trusting and positive relationships with trauma-impacted students and their families.
Product Code: BKF847
Published By: Solution Tree