Raising Equity Through SEL
A Framework for Implementing Trauma-Informed, Culturally Responsive Teaching and Restorative Practices
How can you effectively address the academic and SEL needs of your diverse learners? By activating social-emotional learning within a framework that includes trauma-informed, culturally responsive, and restorative teaching practices.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Effectively activate social-emotional learning with sound pedagogy for diverse learners
Activate social-emotional learning effectively in your classroom with a framework that integrates trauma-informed, culturally responsive, and restorative teaching practices. Raising Equity Through SEL is your trusted source for sound pedagogy that addresses the academic and social-emotional needs of a diverse classroom community. Each strategy, tool, and template is designed to facilitate your practice by making SEL easier to implement.
Use this book as an individual or team to
- Develop emotional intelligence skills for adults and students
- Examine unconscious beliefs you may have about diverse learners
- Use shared agreements to structure difficult conversations with other adults
- Move students toward cultural competence and proficiency
- Activate SEL across the curriculum without having to stop and “do SEL”
- Implement culturally responsive, restorative, and trauma-informed teaching strategies
- Learn inclusive pedagogy that raises equity for students who are marginalized
- Level up SEL skills using educational technology
A joint publication of ISTE and Solution Tree
Product Code: BKG041, EKF603
Published By: Solution Tree
“Raising Equity Through SEL is an essential book for every educator seeking to understand SEL through the lens of equity. Jorge Valenzuela provides everything that educators need to feel confident in implementing the best and most inclusive teaching strategies in their classrooms.”
“Through his writing, Valenzuela places himself as an ally and companion for educators who recognize that now, more than ever, we must give the emotional needs of all our learners and ourselves the same attention as learning goals and content standards.”
“This book is essential reading for educators who want to create equitable and inclusive learning environments that promote the social-emotional well-being of all students.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.