The Identity-Conscious Educator
Building Habits and Skills for a More Inclusive School
Learn powerful, practical strategies for creating an inclusive school community that honors the different identities expressed by students and peers.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
The Identity-Conscious Educator
Learn powerful, practical strategies for creating an inclusive school community. The Identity-Conscious Educator provides a framework for building awareness and understanding of five identity categories: race, social class, gender, sexual orientation, and disability. Connect with vignettes and personal stories from the author that illuminate how to address identity topics in your personal and professional life. Then, develop skills in engaging in meaningful interactions with students and peers.
- Discover how identity affects both personal and professional lives.
- Review a framework for building habits and skills of identity-conscious teaching and learning.
- Build knowledge of five different identity categories and experiences—race, social class, sexual orientation, gender, and disability—and then act for positive change.
- Reflect with end-of-chapter questions.
- Review practical, research-based strategies, and activities for having difficult conversations and creating more inclusive communities.
Product Code: BKG031, EKF593
“This is essential reading and work for educators seeking to transform classrooms, schools, and communities from color-blind to color-conscious, one habit at a time.”
“Liza A. Talusan weaves the conceptual and the practical in ways few authors have managed to do. Her conversational tone reminds readers they are her collaborators in the collective work she’s laid out.”
“The Identity-Conscious Educator is an indispensable work for every educator! From building your identity-conscious foundation to implementing that practice in real-world scenarios, this book walks you through the entire process.”
“The Identity-Conscious Educator is the book we have been waiting for! Practitioner and scholar Liza A. Talusan has dedicated her life to making the framework in this text come to life for teachers and administrators. This powerful book introduces practical tools for nurturing more inclusive school communities.”
“The Identity-Conscious Educator should be required reading for all educators. Drawing on her extensive experience, Liza A. Talusan provides the tools readers need to transform their classrooms, educational institutions, and, most importantly, hearts and minds. This is an invaluable guide.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.