A Guide for Creating Systemwide Change in Schools
Make equity the norm in your school or district. Evident Equity provides a comprehensive method that leaders can use to integrate equitable practices into every facet of their school communities and offers real-life examples at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Make equity the norm in your school or district. Evident Equity provides a comprehensive method that leaders can use to integrate equitable practices into every facet of their school communities. Each chapter covers a different aspect of equitable leadership, from organizing staff to staying strong in the face of adversity, and offers real-life examples at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
- Understand the role that leadership plays in maintaining equitable school practices.
- Learn how to use coalitions to enable equity work.
- Explore equity from the top down, including at the district, school, and classroom levels.
- Examine ways to embed equity into the everyday practice of schools, making it the expectation.
- Discover how to stand firm in equitable practices, even in the face of resistance.
Product Code: BKG032, EKF594
“Evident Equity is a gift for all school leaders who care about equity. It demystifies the process of determining where to start, how to engage your teams, how to anticipate pushback, and what equity can and should actually look like in a school district or school building. Dr. Mascareñaz provides us with tons of actionable tools that are accessible and can be used immediately. Strategies are broken into bite-sized chunks and are backed up with authentic examples of practice. I wish that this book was available a long time ago, but lucky for us, it is here now. It is an incredible resource.”
“This book goes beyond providing merely lip service for this important concept. Equity-driven school leaders who read it will have skills and dispositions that ensure each student, particularly those furthest from justice, is prepared for a limitless future. What could be more important than that?”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.