Process, Not Product
Discover how to close the gaps between assessment, curriculum, and instruction by replacing outmoded assessment methods with proficiency-based assessments.
With this user-friendly resource, K12 teachers will discover how to close the gaps between assessment, curriculum, and instruction by replacing outmoded assessment methods with proficiency-based assessments. Learn the essentials of proficiency-based assessment, investigate why this kind of assessment has a key relationship with teaching and learning, and explore evidence-based strategies for successful implementation.
- Follow a curriculum teams journey through the process of learning about and implementing proficiency-based assessment.
- Discover how the phases in the proficiency-based assessment implementation process relate to each other and how each is important.
- Understand the causes of learning gaps.
- Study the commitments, unexpected combinations, insights, decisions, and assertions related to proficiency-based assessment.
- Examine the types of assessment that teachers need to use and fully grasp in order to create harmonious assessment environments.
Product Code: BKF631
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 192
“With the rise of accountability and a greater need for personalized learning, proficiency-based assessment is the key to student achievement. Authors Gobble, Onuscheck, Reibel, and Twadell highlight how educators can use proficiency-based assessment to advance teaching and learning at their schools.”
“This is an amazing book that provides a road map to assessment practices that, if implemented with fidelity, will lead to deep learning for students.... The thoughtful framework developed by the authors leverages the research of gurus in the world of student assessment in a way that takes it to a new and deeper level.”
Explore these powerful tools to help reach your goals.