De-Stress the Test
Brain-Friendly Strategies to Prepare Students for High-Stakes Assessments
Acquire actionable steps you can take throughout the school year to alleviate student test anxiety and create brain-friendly classrooms full of focus and learning. Understand what causes testing anxiety and discover how to implement social-emotional learning strategies in the classroom to help prepare students mentally, emotionally, and physically for high-stakes assessments.
Your guide for helping students fight testing anxiety
The test. Students dread this phrase, whether it refers to chapter tests, finals, standardized achievement tests, Advanced Placement exams, the ACT and SAT, or other testing experiences. In De-Stress the Test, author Marth Kaufeldt details actionable steps you can take throughout the school year to alleviate student anxiety and create brain-friendly classrooms full of focus and learning.
Leverage brain-based learning to boost student self-efficacy and relieve the pressure and stress that accompany high-stakes testing:
- Understand the negative effects tests can have on students, teachers, and parents.
- Help students develop social-emotional learning skills and a growth mindset.
- Use formative assessments to accelerate learning and build students’ confidence.
- Implement mindfulness strategies in the classroom to mitigate student stress and anxiety.
- Learn long- and short-term practical methods for ensuring students’ mental, emotional, and physical readiness for tests.
Product Code: BKF934
Published By: Solution Tree