Literacy in a PLC
Guiding Teams to Get Going and Get Better in Grades K–6 Reading
Authors Paula Maeker and Jacqueline Heller are practitioners who share the belief that all students can be literate at high levels. Explore their practical, research-affirmed framework for how teams can better sustain change and improve as literacy educators.
Implement the PLC at process to support student proficiency in literacy
Explore how to provide equitable literacy instruction and assessment so every student masters essential standards. The authors help K–6 teacher teams navigate the teaching and learning of reading through the lens of Professional Learning Communities. Learn strategies for utilizing data as collaborative teams to answer the four critical questions of learning, and access templates and protocols to improve literacy for all.
This book will help K–6 teachers and reading specialists:
- Analyze and improve their current literacy practices, curriculum, and instructional focus within the context of a PLC
- Create or curate common formative team literacy assessments for learning targets
- Structure a supportive master schedule that allows for daily team collaboration and systemwide response
- Understand the components of a comprehensive literacy instructional block
- Create progress-monitoring tools and focused reading interventions and extensions
Product Code: BKG046
Published By: Solution Tree