Reading and Writing Instruction for PreK Through First-Grade Classrooms in a PLC at Work®
Prepare your collaborative PLC team to fully support and encourage literacy development in preK through first grade. Foster early literacy and vocabulary with insightful reading and writing strategies that boost student engagement.
A practical resource for early literacy development and student engagement in a PLC at Work®
Building a solid literacy foundation is of paramount importance during a learner’s early school years. Closely aligned to the PLC at Work® process, this practical resource outlines how collaborative teams can fully support and encourage literacy development in preK through first grade. Readers will discover a variety of tools and strategies to design standards-aligned instruction, develop quality assessments, provide timely interventions, and more.
- Understand the role PLCs and collaborative teams play in literacy development.
- Obtain strategies and tools, such as the Pre-Unit Protocol, for unpacking and clarifying literacy standards.
- Explore adaptable strategies and learn how to plan high-quality literacy instruction.
- Observe how to collaboratively score assessments and conduct effective data inquiry and analysis.
- Study the powerful impact literacy has on student engagement and equity.
Product Code: BKF901
Published By: Solution Tree