Reading and Writing Strategies for the Secondary English Classroom in a PLC at Work®
Work in collaborative teams to close literacy achievement gaps and improve student skill development across grades 6–12. Utilize evidence-based reading interventions to meet Common Core’s reading, writing, and literacy standards.
A guide to closing literacy achievement gaps and improving student ELA standards skill development
Close literacy achievement gaps across grades 6–12. Part of the Every Teacher Is a Literacy Teacher series, this resource highlights how English language arts (ELA) educators can work collaboratively to combat literacy concerns and improve student skill development. The authors provide, describe, and give examples of many literacy-based strategies that you can immediately begin integrating into your ELA classroom.
- Examine the role that professional learning communities (PLCs) play in supporting and advancing the instructional practices of educators through collaborative teamwork.
- Discover ready-to-use, adaptable strategies to develop students’ prereading, during-reading, and post-reading skills through guided practice.
- Learn to enhance student writing competencies and create a common literacy language across all disciplines.
- Study techniques for providing immediate assistance and feedback to students.
- Receive guidance on designing and implementing assessments.
- Explore best practices for strengthening team collaboration.
Product Code: BKF904
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 224
“This book is a tremendous resource for English language arts teams. The text goes beyond strategy identification by outlining steps to implement each strategy and offering invaluable adaptations for tailoring strategies to the needs of diverse learners. I look forward to implementing this resource with my own collaborative team.”
“This essential book uses the lens of literacy to focus collaborative teams on their goal of student achievement. Its refreshing and disciplined approach provides valuable guiding questions and conversation starters that promote students’ capacity for comprehension and support their growth in reading and writing.”
Explore these powerful tools to help reach your goals.