De-Stress the Test
Brain-Friendly Strategies to Prepare Students for High-Stakes Assessments
Acquire actionable steps you can take throughout the school year to alleviate student test anxiety and create brain-friendly classrooms full of focus and learning. Understand what causes testing anxiety and discover how to implement social-emotional learning strategies in the classroom to help prepare students mentally, emotionally, and physically for high-stakes assessments.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Your guide for helping students fight testing anxiety
The test. Students dread this phrase, whether it refers to chapter tests, finals, standardized achievement tests, Advanced Placement exams, the ACT and SAT, or other testing experiences. In De-Stress the Test, author Marth Kaufeldt details actionable steps you can take throughout the school year to alleviate student anxiety and create brain-friendly classrooms full of focus and learning.
Leverage brain-based learning to boost student self-efficacy and relieve the pressure and stress that accompany high-stakes testing:
- Understand the negative effects tests can have on students, teachers, and parents.
- Help students develop social-emotional learning skills and a growth mindset.
- Use formative assessments to accelerate learning and build students’ confidence.
- Implement mindfulness strategies in the classroom to mitigate student stress and anxiety.
- Learn long- and short-term practical methods for ensuring students’ mental, emotional, and physical readiness for tests.
Product Code: BKF934, EKF497
Published By: Solution Tree
“In De-Stress the Test, Martha Kaufeldt delivers actionable practices for teachers to use to prevent students from experiencing undue stress and anxiety as they anticipate upcoming tests. As a school principal, I look forward to implementing her strategies to help my students manage their anxiety toward testing and other life situations when they must manage their emotions.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.