The Deliberate and Courageous Principal
Ten Leadership Actions and Skills to Create High-Achieving Schools
Fully step into your power as a school principal. By diving deep into five essential leadership actions and five essential leadership skills, you will learn how to grow in your role and accomplish incredible outcomes for your students and staff.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
The Deliberate and Courageous Principal
Fully step into your power as a school principal. By delving deep into five essential leadership actions and five essential leadership skills, you will learn how to grow in your role and accomplish incredible outcomes for your students and staff. Author Rhonda J. Roos provides clear direction for establishing a vision, reframing conflict, leaning into the positive, and much more.
- Study the five essential actions and five essential skills all leaders must adopt to develop successful, high-achieving schools.
- Discover how to create a collective vision and learn next steps to move progress forward.
- Observe strategies to maintain a positive outlook as you hone your leadership skills.
- Review the most effective ways to manage time, organize meetings, and address other common concerns shared by principals at every level.
- Receive reflection questions, next steps, and reproducible templates to deepen understanding of effective leadership.
Product Code: BKG013, EKF575
“Regardless of experience or building level, The Deliberate and Courageous Principal by Rhonda Roos is a must-read for school leaders. Rhonda identifies five essential leadership actions and five critical skills needed to lead a successful school, where students achieve at high levels and staff members work together to do whatever it takes for the school to thrive. Combining research and personal experience, the book provides excellent examples and tools to assist the principal in developing the skills and taking the actions needed to lead a high-achieving school.”
“The Deliberate and Courageous Principal draws upon valued experience as a school principal and district administrator, and provides a viable roadmap that any school leader can follow when working to improve their school. Knowing both the Essential Leadership Actions and Skills allows the individual to build a smart and healthy learning organization where all stakeholders can prosper. Aspiring and veteran administrators should make this book a must read, and one to reread as leadership challenges arise.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.