Maximize mathematics achievement
Trusted experts and practitioners, including Timothy D. Kanold, Juli K. Dixon, Sara Schuhl, Mona Toncheff, Kristopher Childs, Jennifer Deinhart, and Jessica Kanold-McIntyre, will help you examine critical elements and instructional shifts necessary for improving student learning and sustaining achievement across all grade levels K–12 and across all demographics of students. Whether you are a classroom teacher, administrator, instructional coach, or district leader, you will come away with strategies to use immediately and a greater understanding of how students learn and apply mathematics principles.
- Examine the ten high-leverage teacher team actions that significantly increase student achievement in mathematics across all demographics.
- Learn how to develop a shared vision for teaching and learning mathematics for improved student achievement and sustained meaningful change.
- Use discussion tools and inquiry protocols to develop understanding of essential learning standards across the K–12 mathematics curriculum.
- Understand how to develop high-quality assessments that engage and motivate learners.
- Solve tasks as learners in order to make sense of the mathematics as teachers.
- Create a shared image of what rigorous mathematics instruction looks like in a classroom environment through authentic classroom videos.
- Consider how making sense of mathematics progressions helps in responding to students who do not meet the learning goal as well as students who do.
- Experience classrooms where focus is on student engagement in the practices within a formative assessment process.
- Explore examples of mathematical experiences that help students build their proficiency.
Learn from leading experts
Hear from our attendees
“This was the best conference I have ever attended! It was very well organized, there was a nice blend of keynotes and breakout sessions, and the venue was fabulous.”
—Ashley Troy, elementary literacy consultant, Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District, Michigan
“I learned something in every keynote and breakout session! Solution Tree events have always been well organized and top-notch.”
—Anne Marie Sanchez, principal, Thompson School District, Colorado
“All of the speakers gave me so many ideas that I have returned to my classroom with a renewed excitement for teaching.”
—Michelle Collins, teacher, West Middle School, Michigan