Take your international school from good to great
“As I have travelled the globe looking at educational structures and programs, I am more convinced than ever that PLCs are the single most powerful way to maximize learning for all students. Nothing else even comes close.”
The Professional Learning Communities process is increasingly recognized as the most powerful strategy for sustained, substantive school improvement. The PLC at Work™ Institute for International Schools brings the world-renowned event that over 85,000 educators have attended in the United States to an exemplary international PLC: Singapore American School. Designed especially for international schools, this institute gives you and your team the knowledge and tools to implement this powerful process anywhere in the world.
For three days, you will have the opportunity to network with some of the most insightful minds in education. The presenters, educators who have successfully led schools through the PLC at Work™ process, are accessible to you throughout the event. They will collaborate with you to share strategies, solutions, and successes that meld best practices with the unique needs of international schools.
The program includes time for observation of PLC teams and classrooms in action, questions during the breakout sessions, and time for teams to reflect and seek the advice of the presenters on next action steps.
For those just beginning to explore PLCs, this is an excellent way to build your knowledge base. For those who are already involved in deep implementation, this institute is the perfect opportunity to assess your progress, identify high-leverage next steps, and explore how to use the PLC at Work™ process to support students’ development into world-class critical thinkers.
As you delve deep into the three big ideas of a PLC at Work™—focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and results orientation—you will gain specific, practical, and inspiring strategies for transforming your international school into a place where all students learn at high levels.
- Build the capacity of staff to function as a PLC at Work™
- Use the PLC at Work™ process to sustain continuous school improvement.
- Create a focus on learning.
- Develop systems of intervention and enrichment for students who experience difficulty and for those who are already proficient.
- Create a collaborative culture.
- Use evidence of student learning to inform and improve professional practice.
- Build consensus for change.
- Effectively address resistance to engaging in the most promising practices to improve student learning.
- Engage in difficult conversations productively.
- Lead the PLC at Work™ process effectively.
Learn from leading experts