A Leader’s Guide to Reading and Writing in a PLC at Work®, Elementary
Aligned to the Every Teacher Is a Literacy Teacher series, this guide outlines how to take urgent action to improve literacy development in a PLC. School leaders will discover how to support elementary teachers in a literacy-focused learning environment that facilitates high-quality instruction and boosts students' reading and writing skills.
The ultimate guide to leading literacy instruction efforts in an elementary setting.
Confidently lead early literacy improvement in your professional learning community (PLC). Aligned to the Every Teacher Is a Literacy Teacher series, this results-focused guide outlines how to take urgent action to address deficiencies and increase literacy rates. Learn how to bring a new level of focus to your teacher teams and help them do the important daily work of ensuring every student successfully reads and writes at or beyond grade level.
- Understand the importance and goals of literacy-focused instruction in an elementary setting.
- Gain specific suggestions for four types of leaders: (1) district, (2) school, (3) coach, and (4) teacher.
- Help collaborative teams emphasize literacy knowledge and reading and writing skills in a curriculum’s essential standards.
- Create effective data-inquiry practices that inform team decision-making about interventions and extensions.
- Facilitate high-quality literacy instruction using the gradual release of responsibility framework.
- Develop equity in literacy instructional strategies to ensure growth and development for all.
Product Code: BKF903
Published By: Solution Tree