A Guide for Sustaining Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Social Well-Being
Educator and teacher self-care can be challenging, but embracing a holistic health and wellness plan can improve your physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being both inside and outside of school. This reflective journal provides the ideas and guidance you need to support you on your wellness journey.
Actionable steps for self-care, health, and wellness for teachers and educators
Educator and teacher wellness is a personal journey. And like all journeys, there are starts, stops, and bumps in the road. The question becomes "How do we bring our best selves to our students and colleagues each day?" Designed as a reflective journal and guidebook, Educator Wellness by Timothy D. Kanold and Tina H. Boogren will take you on a deep exploration where you will uncover profound answers that ring true for you.
Rely on this book of ideas for self-care for educators and develop ongoing habits for wellness:
- Use this resource on your own or as a book study to guide staff through a reflective, goal-setting process.
- Observe the importance of self-care for teachers and other educators and how a commitment to daily self-care and well-being leads to a more fulfilling, successful life in and outside of the school setting.
- Review the four dimensions of educator self-care and wellness—(1) physical, (2) mental, (3) emotional, and (4) social—and 12 corresponding routines.
- Explore self-care activities for teachers and educators to sustain well-being in the face of workplace overload and potential burnout.
- Use the My Wellness Action journaling spaces designed to encourage thoughtful reflection to wellness and self-care plans for teachers and educators.
- Learn how to monitor your self-care progress and design an actionable wellness plan for next steps.
- View videos that highlight the authors’ personal experiences with the four dimensions of educator or teacher well-being.
- Access the Educator Wellness—Rating, Reflecting, Planning, and Goal-Setting protocol.
Product Code: BKG053, EKF615
Published By: Solution Tree
“Kanold and Boogren manage to gently weave the importance of educator wellness into the educational arena, peeling back the layers of humanness and the interconnectedness that bind both student and educator in heart and suffering. The capacity for educators to build a sense of agency is carefully crafted through exploration of four dimensions—physical, mental, emotional, and social wellness—and through self-care, self-compassion and reflection practices that are paramount for being at our best and finding balance in unprecedented times of challenge and stress.”
“This book will change your life. The transformative power of understanding wellness at the granular level will propel you to success in living your best life at home and in the classroom. Dr. Kanold and Dr. Boogren will motivate you to carve out space in your daily routine to achieve your best self. Go ahead, superstar educator: open up this book and start living your best life now.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.