A Leader’s Guide to Reading and Writing in a PLC at Work®, Elementary
Aligned to the Every Teacher Is a Literacy Teacher series, this guide outlines how to take urgent action to improve literacy development in a PLC. School leaders will discover how to support elementary teachers in a literacy-focused learning environment that facilitates high-quality instruction and boosts students' reading and writing skills.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
The ultimate guide to leading literacy instruction efforts in an elementary setting.
Confidently lead literacy improvement in your professional learning community (PLC). Aligned to the Every Teacher Is a Literacy Teacher series, this results-focused guide outlines how to take urgent action to address deficiencies and increase literacy rates. Learn how to bring a new level of focus to your teacher teams and help them do the important daily work of ensuring every student successfully reads and writes at or beyond grade level.
- Understand the importance and goals of literacy-focused instruction in an elementary setting.
- Gain specific suggestions for four types of leaders: (1) district, (2) school, (3) coach, and (4) teacher.
- Help collaborative teams emphasize literacy knowledge and reading and writing skills in a curriculum’s essential standards.
- Create effective data-inquiry practices that inform team decision-making for those who require additional support or extension.
- Facilitate high-quality literacy instruction using the gradual release of responsibility framework.
- Develop equity in literacy instructional strategies to ensure growth and development for all.
Product Code: BKF903, EKF466
Published By: Solution Tree
“All leaders who are ready to transform their schools need this book. It provides all the tools leaders need to make the right work of a PLC come alive by combining a plethora of templates, processes, and research-based strategies. With this book, authors Kathy Glass and Karen Power marry the technical side with the human side of an effective PLC and give us a true gift.”
“This book is a concise yet comprehensive guide to support leaders in establishing and sustaining effective team processes for high-quality literacy instruction. If you’re wondering how to support teacher teams as they collaborate to improve literacy outcomes, this is an indispensable handbook.”
“The ability to be a reader and a writer is a civil right for all the students we serve in our school communities. This book provides readers with a deep understanding of the PLC process as the core of our collaborative equity work as teachers and leaders.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.