Research has validated what practitioners have known for decades: powerful principal leadership is key to increased student achievement. Principals are responsible for both building and keeping a positive and productive school culture.
As an active participant in this institute, you’ll connect with a professional community of leaders committed to best practices and continuous improvement. Hear inspiring keynotes from seasoned leaders who have faced challenges like the ones you are facing now, and get one-to-one help. Build a toolkit of strategies and ideas for creating a positive culture in your building. Be called to action by a series of 20-minute high-impact talks by principals who have successfully nurtured collaborative teams focused on student learning.
Participants will be able to:
- Organize staff into high-performing learning teams
- Focus on the right work with intentionality
- Create and lead a safe school learning culture with effective systems, procedures, and high expectations
- Share leadership with a guiding coalition, collaborative teams, and community partners
- Observe, support, lead, and monitor effective instructional practices
- Build strong relationships with students, staff, parents, and the community
- Make data transparent for true evidence-based decision-making
- Develop a strong recognition program for students and staff when goals are achieved
- Work effectively with resisters and have difficult conversations
Join us for a career-changing learning experience presented by award-winning PLC at Work® principals from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Learn from leading experts
Hear from our attendees
“The keynote speakers and the presenters were able to give foundational information to get started. They also shared resources with us so we don't have to reinvent the wheel. Time was provided to network with others who have started the work.”
—Dionne Upton, principal/assistant, Woodmore Elementary/Hamilton County Schools, Tennessee
“As always, the opportunity for career-changing learning experiences from Solution Tree experts. A focus on learning ways to create effective, high-performing Professional Learning Communities/Networks is valuable to me as a Public School Principal.”
—Carmen Jones, principal/assistant, Pepperell Primary School/Floyd County School District, Georgia
“Brig Leane did an outstanding job of walking through the various processes needed to do this work. He made it very easy to understand and gave practical advice on what this work looks like from the eyes of a practitioner. ”
—Tim Solley, district office, Madison County, Alabama