The Language of Possibility
How Teachers’ Words Shape School Culture and Student Achievement
Does your language lift or limit your students? In this essential resource, school improvement expert Michael Roberts uses brain-based research to address the stifling effects “teacher talk” has on student growth and school culture.
Increase empathic communication in your classroom
Language can help lift or limit students. Based on brain research and authentic classroom experience, this book will help you get back to the optimism of teaching by reconnecting with the possibility of each student. From classroom practice to systemwide policies, readers will find strategies for shifting the way we approach teaching to cultivate the gifts each student has to offer.
Teachers and leaders will:
- Understand how limiting language stifles student growth and academic success
- Utilize figures and other resources to better recognize limiting language and replace it with positive language
- Reflect on the culture of your own school and improve collaborative work
- Access and analyze data that will equip you to better handle obstacles in developing your professional learning community
- Improve communication among all classrooms within your school or district
Product Code: BKG048
Published By: Solution Tree