You have a vision for student achievement. Now it’s time to take action.
During this workshop, you will discover how to foster rich, rigorous, and authentic learning experiences through an effective system of standards-based learning.
Whether your purpose is to transform your own classroom, make a shift across a grade level, or transition an entire school or district, this training is for you. Over the course of the two days, participants will come to understand that standards-based learning is not about standardization but about maximizing the opportunity for all students to achieve mastery of lofty yet attainable curricular goals.
Participants are encouraged to attend as a team, as time will be made available for collaborative action planning. Ample opportunities to act upon the new learning will also be made available.
- Understand the depth and breadth of what it means to develop a standards-based learning environment and a balanced assessment system
- Learn how to prioritize standards to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of instructional time, as well as to plan assessments with precision and purpose
- Study the foundational principles of effective feedback and the strategies designed to initiate more learning
- Understand how to create various rubrics and scales and how to know which type is the best fit for given circumstances
- Learn why self-assessment is the key to students being fully invested in their learning and the practical strategies that allow students to be the primary users of assessment results
- Explore the practices, processes, and routines of a standards-based grading and reporting system, such as reassessment, gradebook setup, and report card format
Learn from leading experts