The joys and pains of starting a teaching career often go undiscussed. In this highly interactive workshop, Dr. Tina H. Boogren offers beginning teachers a road map for navigating their crucial first years in the classroom.
Designed for teachers in the early stages of their careers, as well as mentors, coaches, and supervisors, this two-day training identifies six phases every beginning teacher goes through, offering crucial advice and strategies for each. Participants will return to their schools with a yearlong action plan centered around research-based instructional and self-care practices that are essential to not just surviving, but thriving.
- Explore the six phases of beginning teachers—(1) anticipation, (2) survival, (3) disillusionment, (4), rejuvenation, (5) reflection, and (6) second anticipation.
- Understand the feelings and challenges associated with each phase.
- Discover practical strategies for instruction, classroom management, and relationship-building.
- Learn how to practice self-care to avoid early career burnout that so often leads to teachers changing careers.
- Develop a plan for decreasing stress and increasing student achievement.
Learn from leading experts