Accelerate to Educate: Overcoming Learning Loss Workshop
- The Accelerate to Educate Workshop is designed for team learning. Registrations are available on a table basis with a minimum order of five registrations per table; Up to three additional participants per table are gratis. E.g. Qty “1” in the cart is one table that includes five paid registrations. Qty “2” in the cart accounts for two tables that includes 10 paid registrations.
We cannot go backwards to move forward. Struggling students rarely escape the endless cycle of remediation that is focused on filling the gaps of years past. We know that the most effective catalyst to achieving grade level proficiency lies in accelerated learning.
Teams are invited to join Anisa Baker-Busby, Sharon V. Kramer, and Paula Maeker for a two-day workshop where experts share the acceleration pathway, providing practical instructional strategies to ensure high levels of learning for all.
Time will be provided throughout the event for teams to develop their own acceleration plan with the support of our expert practitioners.
At the Accelerate to Educate Workshop, teams will…
- Set audaciously attainable goals using a strength-based system that identifies areas of opportunity in the data.
- Create a community of learners as the foundation for achieving equity.
- End negative student-talk and practice the strength-based language of high expectations, rigor, and hope.
- Learn how to build prerequisite skills into existing units of study at the point of need.
- Limit the catch-up standards to the skills and concepts underpinning on-level curriculum.
- Acquire a toolkit of instructional strategies to close gaps in literacy and math.
- Develop a system of assessment that includes pre-assessments, daily check-ins, common formative assessments, and unit assessments.
- Understand the importance of frequent feedback and opportunities to self-monitor learning progress to build student efficacy.
- Gain differentiation practices that can be applied immediately.
- Recognize the specific type of RTI system necessary to accelerate learning.
- Provide effective Tier 3 interventions by grouping students based on diagnostic needs and working through prerequisite skills and concepts in two-week intervals.
- Develop transition plans, step-up meetings, and goal attainment celebrations to ensure continuous improvement.
- Leave the workshop with an acceleration plan.
Agenda and speakers are subject to change.
Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Solution Tree. After the deadline listed below, rates will be determined by the hotel.
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
101 Bowie St
San Antonio, TX 78205
Discounted Rate: (single or double) $204 per night
Deadline: July 6, 2021, or until group rate is sold out
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
101 Bowie St.
San Antonio, Texas
You will receive a certificate of participation 6 weeks after the event concludes. Please check with your state department of education for CEU availability.
Included with your registration
With this practical guide, K–12 educators will use the Professional Learning Communities at Work® process to drive continuous school improvement and support student success. Target your school’s specific needs with an immediate course of action for improving school culture and performance.