Decades of research shows that all students can learn at high levels—and schools control the factors that make it possible.
The PLC at Work™ process is increasingly recognized as the most powerful strategy for continuous school improvement, while the RTI at Work™ process is considered the most effective way to intervene when students struggle. This combined PLC and RTI institute will give you and your team the knowledge and tools to implement these complementary processes in your school or district.
Timothy D. Kanold, Mike Mattos, Maria Nielsen, and Regina Owens will provide professional development showing participants what successful professional learning communities (PLC) and response to intervention (RTI) look like in schools and share how to put all of the pieces together from start to finish. First you’ll acquire practical strategies for building your PLC foundation. Then learn how to develop a multitiered system of supports (MTSS) that provides timely, targeted, and systematic interventions to every student who demonstrates the need. Return to your school or district with a clear vision and actionable plan for harnessing the power of the PLC and RTI processes to transform teaching and learning.
- Learn the five essential practices of the Professional Learning Communities at Work™ process
- Create a collaborative school or district culture that focuses on student learning and academic success
- Explore how to build an intervention system by looking at the four essential elements of a successful response to intervention (RTI) model: collective responsibility, concentrated instruction, convergent assessment, and certain access
- Understand why the PLC at Work™ process is essential for a school to build an effective system of interventions
- Design, analyze, and utilize common assessments to improve core instruction and guide interventions
- Plan for embedded intervention time and differentiated instruction
- Engage and empower students in the learning process
- Receive professional development on the critical components and implementation of behavioral RTI tiers
- Learn ways to pursue and sustain a well-balanced, high-energy personal and professional life and the positive effects this can have on others
- Determine how to balance the use of lower-level and higher-level cognitive demand mathematical tasks and problems each day
Learn from leading experts