Be the one who makes a difference
English learners (ELs) come to school with diverse talents, experiences, emotional needs, and levels of family support. Soluciones empowers leaders, teachers, parents, and community partners to eradicate learning gaps among this ever-growing student population.
Top educational thought leaders share specific, practical ways to connect with students from diverse backgrounds, ensure they feel safe and welcome, and help them overcome the barriers they often face. The conference includes a unique combination of theory, practice, and planning time, giving you and your team the knowledge and tools to develop an actionable plan for serving ELs at every grade level and in every subject area.
- Create a holistic shift in how your school supports ELs.
- Learn practical strategies that can be used daily to increase EL achievement.
- Gain a deep understanding of how to advocate for multilingual and multicultural practices that improve instruction and feedback.
- Develop a toolkit of strategies for working with SLIFE (students with limited or interrupted formal education).
- Determine how to effectively initiate and build relationships with Hispanic and Latino students.
- Acquire district and site leadership practices that work to eliminate the achievement gap.
- Gain targeted instructional strategies and assessment processes for developing academic vocabulary, literacy, and math skills for English learners.
- Uncover parenting practices that help create a home environment conducive to 21st century learning.
- Experience promising practices for bilingual immersion and multicultural instruction.
- Develop a focused plan that effectively uses all of the resources of your schools and community.
Presenter slate coming soon
Hear from our attendees
“Everything is so valuable and done with such passion.”
—Melinda Escarcega, assistant principal, Buena High School, Arizona
““It was great! Very high energy, engaging, and most importantly practical.”
—Stacy Mullins, psychologist, Ceres Unified School District, California
“Luis and his entire crew did a GREAT job. Timely, relevant material that was easy to access and easy to implement.”
—Josie Walker, assistant principal, Coronado Middle School, Texas