The Global School
Connecting Classrooms and Students Around the World
Wrapped in a 21st century skills framework, this book offers specific steps to globalize your classroom and strategies to encourage higher-order thinking.
The Global School
Prepare students for an increasingly flat world, a place where diverse people from divergent cultures learn and work together rather than in isolation. Learn specific steps to globalize your classroom, and move beyond the call for students to memorize material to instead encourage higher-order thinking. These ideas, assignments, projects, and assessments are all wrapped in a 21st century skills framework.
- Explore innovative ways to embrace globalization and connect K–12 classrooms and learners worldwide.
- Understand the significant impact of the Common Core State Standards on instruction for 21st century skills.
- Identify applicable projects, strategies, and assessments to shift traditional classrooms into global education centers.
- Discover empowering tips to develop students' higher-order thinking.
- Learn to scale the straightforward steps all teachers—whether novice or technologically savvy—can take to help their students become participants in a global society.
21st Century SkillsInstructionTechnology
Product Code: BKF570
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 128
“A useful resource, not only for providing some practical advice for how teachers and home school educators can begin to engage with the movement to expand the walls of the schoolhouse but also for offering a sound rationale for this growing trend.”
“It is clear that if this and future generations of American students are to be able to compete in a globalized economy and interconnected political, cultural, and social environment, they will beed to become proficient in dealing with an internationalized world. Thats why [this book] by academician and literacy educator William Kist is so timely. Teachers will be able to adapt and adopt curriculums that explore innovative ways to embrace globalization and connect K–12 classrooms and learnings worldwide, understand the significant impact of the Common Core State Standards on instruction for 21st century skills, and identify applicable projects, strategies, and assessments to shift traditional classrooms into global education centers. Enhanced with the inclusion of a glossary of specialized terms, an extensive listing of references and resources, as well as a comprehensive index, [this book] will prove an invaluable and appreciated addition to personal, professional, school academic library Education Resources collections and supplemental reading lists.”
Explore these powerful tools to help reach your goals.