Mathematics Instruction and Tasks in a PLC at Work™
Gain lesson-design strategies and instructional methods of teaching mathematics in a PLC that support student learning through standards-based math activities and lessons.
Develop a standards-based math curriculum in your PLC
Improve your students’ comprehension and perseverance in mathematics. This user-friendly book is divided into two parts, each covering a key team action for mathematics instruction in a PLC at Work™. First you’ll examine high-quality research-affirmed math lesson design elements. Then you’ll learn how to implement them within your lesson routines and activities. The book features team discussion tools, sample lesson designs, strategies for improving student discourse, online resources for instructional support, and more.
Implement instructional strategies and methods of teaching mathematics, in a professional learning community:
- Plan for the use of balanced rigorous mathematical practices and routines to teach each content standard during core instruction.
- Identify mathematics content standards students must learn in a unit and the appropriate math activities and tasks needed to develop understanding, application, and fluency progressions of mathematical concepts.
- Understand the importance of communicating the why of mathematical skills and essential learning standards to students.
- Implement instructional strategies for math that ensure the formative learning of all students during lessons.
See the other books in the Every Student Can Learn Mathematics series
- Mathematics Assessment and Intervention in a PLC at Work™
- Mathematics Homework and Grading in a PLC at Work™
- Mathematics Coaching and Collaboration in a PLC at Work™
A Joint Publication of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics and Solution Tree
Product Code: BKF824, EKF418
Published By: Solution Tree
“Mathematics Instruction and Tasks in a PLC at Work will truly transform the practice of mathematics instruction as we know it. This book provides a practical framework full of proven examples, helpful tools, and a clear road map to help teachers become successful in mathematics instruction.... A must-have book for all mathematics educators as we support students on the road to success!”
“This great tool for teachers is packed with very practical tools and suggestions they can implement with their teacher teams to improve instruction. It is a nice blend of theory and practice.”
“This book provides teacher teams with self-paced professional learning that builds quality mathematics teaching and learning for each and every student. The methodical and sequential thinking processes embedded in each collaboration tool, the intentional and consistent reflection opportunities, and the collection of clear examples provide PLCs with the structures to effectively engage in the reflect, refine, and act cycle.”